Top Ad 728x90

Huwebes, Abril 13, 2017

Kendrick Lamar artwork designer responds to criticism


The planner of the fine art for Kendrick Lamar's new collection, 'Damn', has reacted to feedback of his work. That feedback came as a few, maybe not completely prepared in visual depiction, set forth the assessment that the work was super fucking poor.

"Already seeing a lot of discussion about the cover", tweeted Vlad Sepetov. "I’m really excited about it. It’s interesting to see people talk about ‘bad’ design. I’m incredibly proud of this cover. I sort of bucked a lot of what my teachers taught me. I wanted to make something loud and abrasive".


"Maybe some won’t see that", he proceeded. "But I’m glad that [Lamar’s manager] Dave [Free] and [Kendrick] saw the value in making something that didn’t fit the mould. Just given the bare bones we fleshed something out that has a lot of people talking. It’s not uber political like [the ‘To Pimp A Butterfly’ artwork] but it has energy [in my opinion].

He is correct, it has got individuals talking. Furthermore, it has a specific vitality to it. Also, it is rough, in that it's very irritating to take a gander at. I'm beginning to like it.

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Top Ad 728x90